Check out this fabulous video by Lozzy! She shows you how to make a beautiful card using the Floral Curios Stamps and Flawless Media Products. Just click on the link below… it’s a great tutorial!
Hi everyone, it’s Lozzy here today with a step by step on how I made this card.
Floral Curios Stamps – Corsage Corners
Superfine Embossing powder – Pure White
Flawless Media Radiant Lustre Pigment Powder – Cornflower Petal
Plus….. foam tape, silicon glue, paper trimmer, stamping platform/acrylic block, heat tool, sticky embossing ink pad, paint brush white posca pen and 7” x 7” card blank
Quick Step by Step
Trim Cool Slate card to 17cm x 17cm, trim Cool Grey card to 16.5cm x 16.5cm and trim Cool Slate to 16cm x 16cm. Matt the first two trimmed cards together using PVA glue then glue on to the card blank.
Using the trimmed Cool Slate 16cm x 16cm to now emboss. Use your sticky embossing pad, white embossing powder, sentiment stamp and the corner stamps to add on to the card. Add the largest of the corner stamps away from the corner of the card. Add some splats using the white posca pen and leave to dry.
Cut out some Daisy flowers, two Butterflies and Foliage using white super smooth card.
Add some Cornflower Petal powder to your craft sheet/mat. Mix with some water to form a liquid. Added using paint brush to ends of the Daisy petals and cover all the die cut Butterflies.
When dry, layer flowers together and arange onto card using silicon glue. Add this layer onto the card front using foam tape
Take care…..Hugs Lozzy xx
Time to Make – 1 hour
- Cut mats and layers in Pure White and Lavender card stock to fit A5 card blank.
- Emboss the Pure White layer with the Heart Lattice Embossing Folder.
- Die Cut and Oval from the Stitched Torn Set in Lavender
- Die cut an oval from the Stitched Torn Set in Pure White and emboss with the Classic Flourish Embossing Folder.
- Die cut the Charmed Scallop Border from the Lavender
- Die cut a selection of Shabby Blossom Flower Pure White.
- Put a small amount of Royal Purple Metallic Acrylic Paint onto a craft sheet and using a natural sponge, dab the flowers allover and leave to dry. When the flowers are dry shape them with a ball tool
- Die cut the Shabby Foliage in Purple Passion card and shape the leaves
- Die cut the Stamens 2 in Lavender for each flower
- Stamp the sentiments on Pure White card using the Monarch Versafine Clair ink. Cut out leaving a small border
- Assemble the card as in the photo and add Aurora Gems
Sentimentally Yours Products Used
- Premium Cardstock in Pure White, Lavender & Purple Passion
- Shabby Blossom Flower Dies
- Shabby Foliage Dies
- Sensational Stamens 2 Dies
- Stitched Tabs A5 Stamp Set
- Stitched Torn Oval Dies
- Embossing Folders – Heart Lattice & Classic Flourish
- Metallic Acrylic Paint -Royal Purple
- Gemporium Flat Backed Gems
- Craft Mat
- Premium PVA Glue
- Cut Hot Chocolate card slightly smaller than the DL card blank and affix to card. Repeat this process with Malted Milk card and then French Champagne card.
- Die cut Butterfly and Cascading Circles in Malted Milk.
- Die cut Foliage and Stamens in Hot Chocolate.
- Die cut Flowers in French Champagne and Malted Milk and make flowers adding gels to the centre of each flower.
- Stamp, Emboss and cut out sentiments with the Gathered Twigs Oxide Ink and Clear Embossing Powder.
- Affix cascading Circles to card, leaving edges loose.
- Arrange and affix Flowers and Foliage covering some but not all of the Cascading Circles.
- Finish by adding Butterfly and Sentiments.
SY Products Used:
- Malted Milk Lustre Card
- French Champagne Lustre Card
- Hot Chocolate Lustre Card
- Champagne Gemporium Flat Backed Gems
- Cascading Circles Texture Die
- Shabby Butterflies
- Shabby Starflowers
- Shabby Foliage
- Sensational Stamens 2
- Stitched Tab Good Vibe Sentiments
- Crystal Clear Superfine Embossing Powder
- Premium PVA Glue
Other Products Used:
Craft Skill Level: Beginner
Time To Make: 30-45 mins
Card Blank is C5 size.
Cut a piece of Fabulous Fuchsia cardstock 2/8” smaller than the blank and Mandarin Burst 2/8” smaller than the Fuchsia, mat and layer these to the card blank using foam tape.
Cut a piece of Pure White cardstock 2/8” smaller than the mandarin burst card.
Using two pieces of removable tape mask off a panel in the centre of the card and using the two contrasting colours of Distress Oxides and smoothies randomly ink the two outside panels making sure you don’t colour right over the tape.
Once the ink is dry remove the tape.
Using two new pieces of tape carefully place a piece on each side of the white panel, with the tape being over the coloured panel. This will ensure that the stamped image will not mark the coloured sides.
Wipe the white area with an antistatic pad.
Ink up the stamp using embossing ink and stamp the bottom section of the card so the bottom of the stem is at the bottom edge. Re-ink the stamp and stamp the top section of the card to just meet the first stamped image. (You could add the silver embossing powder to the first stamped image so you can see where to stamp the image again more easily).
REMEMBER to remove the tape before heat embossing.
Add silver embossing powder over the whole section and heat to set.
On a spare scrap of white card stamp and emboss the image twice more, and fussy cut three flowers.
Using the oxides and a water brush, colour the middle of all the flowers with picked raspberry,( I then dabbed with a piece of kitchen roll to take a bit of the colour out). Then, using the same process colour the outer of the flowers with the carved pumpkin, and then the leaves with the bundled sage.
Using foam tape, add this layer to the card blank.
Attach the flowers to card, as in the photo, to give some dimension and to hide the join between the stamps.
Stamp the sentiments required using the embossing ink and coloured powders alternating colours, then cut out using the stitched torn dies. Attach to the left side of the card.
Complete by adding a large pearl in each corner.
- Woodgrain Botanicals – Hibiscus
- Fabulous Fuchsia Premium cardstock
- Fabulous Fuchsia Premium embossing powder
- Pure White Premium cardstock
- Mandarin Burst Premium cardstock
- Mandarin Burst Premium embossing powder
- Superfine embossing powder – Pure silver
- Stitched Torn circle dies
- Sentiment Discs – Essential Sentiments and Relatives
- Ombre Pearls – Cotton Candy
- Premium PVA glue
- Anti-static pad
Sentimentally Yours Product List
• Woodgrain Botanicals Sunflower stamp
• Woodgrain Botanicals Woodgrain stamp
• Stitched Torn Rectangles dies
• Stitched Torn Circles dies
• Pure White Premium cardstock
• Warm Copper Lustre cardstock
• Gemporium Flat Backed Gems – Champagne
• Stamping platform or A6 acrylic block
• Paper trimmer
• Die cutting machine
• Foam tape (optional)
Step by Step:
1. Stamp Sunflower on white card and colour it using Watercolour Blending brushes. Then take 3rd smallest Torn Stitched Rectangle die and cut it out
2. Cut smallest Torn Stitched Circle die from white card and stamp sentiment (using Versafine Clair Nocturne) from Tres Chic Mandala Circle Frames & Mini sentiments
3. Cut 4th largest Torn Stitched Rectangle from Warm Copper Lustre Card
4. Cut a piece of white card that measures 4 ¾ “x 5 ¾ “ stamp Woodgrain all around
5. Next cut another layer that measures 5”x6” from Warm Copper Lustre card
6. Glue all layers together using glue on some and foam tape on others (if you like to add some dimension!)
7. To make a card blank cut a piece of white card that measures 10 ½ “x 6 ¼ “. Score at 5 ¼ “ along the 10 ½ “ side, fold and burnish.
8. Glue your layers to the card blank.
The Facebook Live video below shows how Phill used the Gelli Plate to create lots of different backgrounds! He used the Gelli Plates with paints, stencils and stamps.
There are some gorgeous designs to try!
Here’s the card that Phill made during his Friday Live on 15th May.
Its made using the A6 Medley Stamps, Flower Dies, Compendium of Sentiments and A4 Essentials Premium Paper Packs. The card in the photo uses the Bluebell and Sage Papers and Coffee Bean Cardstock.
Stage 1 – Cut out all the layers and die cuts needed as below:
- Card Blank – 20 x 20cm
- Layer 1 – Coffee Bean Card – 19x19cm
- Layer 2 – Paper Layer – 18.5×18.5cm (Scuffed Edges)
- Layer 3 – Paper Strip – 18cm x 6cm (Torn)
- Oval Frame – Coffee Bean Card
- Oval Shape – Pure White Card
- Elegance and Enchanting Flower Dies – cut using the papers
- Lush Leaves Die
- Essential Tags Die – x2 (paper and card)
Stage 2 – Ink the edges of the Paper Layer using the Acorn Versafine Clair Ink Pad using a ‘patting action’. This helps it to be blend more subtly onto the paper and gives it a shabby finish. Then use the Sakura Real White Gel pens to draw a stitched border pattern around the layer. Using the Four in One Flower Border Stencil gently ink some flowers onto the paper layer. Use the Woodware Edge Crimper to shred the edges of the paper and shabby up the edges. Phill also went round the edge and tore the paper a little. Adhere to Card stock layer.
Stage 3 – Tear the edges of the Paper Strip. If you stay close you will get a larger white border. Use the Life Quotes Extras Textures to add a pattern onto the paper strip. Phill did second generation stamping.
Stage 4 – Assemble the layers onto the card blank, using foam tape where you wish. The Coffee Bean Frame is underneath the paper strip, so only the top and bottom half is visible with the white stitching border.
Stage 5 – Stamp up the A6 Medley Stamp onto the plain oval with the Versafine Clair.
TOP TIP – when a stamp is larger than the die cut shape, use a sheet of paper and a tiny, tiny blob of glue to keep it in place. (see video). Stamp the Medley Image again onto scrap paper as you will need some extras to cut out and decoupage.
Stage 6 – Use the Watercolour Brush Blending Pens to colour in the main oval image and the extras you wish to decoupage. Adhere the oval image to the card blank. Stamp the sentiment onto the small tag.
Stage 7 – Shape and assemble the flowers onto the card blank. Add the Lush Leaves as you go. Add pearls to the centre of the flowers and add glitter where you wish.
Here’s what we used with links to the www…..
Sentimentally Yours Products
- A6 Medley Stamps
- A4 Essentials Premium Paper Packs
- Essential Oval Dies
- Four In One Flower Border Stencil
- Elegance & Enchanting Flower Dies
- Lush Leaves Dies
- Premium PVA Glue
- Verasfine Clair Inks
- Woodware Edge Crimper
We hope you enjoy making this card!
Here is the card Phill made during his Friday Live with Phill on 1st May.
It’s made using the new A6 Big Birthday Verses, Beautiful Brushstrokes Terranova Paper Packs, Sweetheart Flower Stamps & Dies, Textural Temptations Stamps, Cobalt Blue Cardstock, Double Debossed Plain and Rounded Corner Square Dies, Leaf Dies.
On the live video he uses a different colourway, with the Olive Grove Cardstock. He uses Milled Lavender and Bundled Sage to ink the pattern inside.
The Full Card
Stage 1 – cut out all the layers and die cuts as below:
- Card Blank – 21 x 21cm (cut as in stage 2)
- Layer 1 – Card – 20.5 x 10.5cm
- Layer 2 – Papers – 20 x 10cm
- Layer 3 – Card – 20.5cm x 20.5cm (inside)
- Layer 4 – Papers – 20 x 20cm (inside)
- Die Cut Squares in coloured card, white card and the papers,
- Flower Dies – some with card and some with vellum
- Leaf Dies
Stage 2 – Cut the card blank front to the size, by measuring down 10cm from the top and cutting off, leaving an 11cm panel on the bottom.
Stage 3 – Stamp your chosen Big Birthday Verse onto the Square Paper Die Cut layer for the front with the Pure White Embossing Powder. Choose a smaller sentiment for the inside layer.
(Don’t forget your anti-static bag)
Stage 4 – Stamp your chosen Textural Temptations stamp around the edge of the paper layer for the inside with Distress Oxides for a more subtle finish. Phill also gently wiped over the ink to smudge it a little. He then stamped a different texture pattern with the Pure White Embossing Powder.
Use one of the Distress Oxide Inks to shabby up the edges – after you’ve done the stamping.
Stamp the front paper layer with a texture stamp and Pure White Embossing Powder.
Stage 5 – Glue all the flat layers together on the front and inside. Raise the front verse on foam tape and attach to the white square layer. Phill has then lifted the bottom part on foam tape. Glitter the edges
Stage 6 – Stamp and die cut the flowers you would like to use on either the cardstock or vellum. Phill used the Sakura Gelly Roll pens to add some sparkle.
Stage 7 – assemble the card and add the flowers, leaves and glitter.
Here’s what we used with links to our www….
- A6 Big Birthday Verses Stamps
- Textural Temptations Stamp Set
- Sweetheart Flower & Stamp Set
- Double Debossed Dies
- Beautiful Brushstrokes A4 Paper Packs
- Premium Cardstock
- Premium White Frost Vellum
- Superfine Embossing Powder
- Premium PVA Glue
- A3 Heat Resistant non-stick mat
- Pearl Embellishments
We hope you enjoy making this card!
Here is the card Phill made during his Friday Facebook Live on 24th April.
It uses the Sentiment Medallion Wrap and Coins, Romantique Flower Dies, Double Debossed Circle Dies. This card uses the Olive Grove and Pure White Card Stock and Olive Vine Embossing Powders. It also has Porcelain White Pearls in the centre of the flowers.
On Phills live show he used Storm Grey Card with Smokey Quartz Embossing Powder, Vellum, Enchanting Flowers Dies and the Triple Layering Diamond Stencils. He also mixed Diamond Dazzle, Luna Holographic and Rainbow Crystals Glitters! Lush!
Stage 1 – cut out all the layers needed as below
- Card blank is 23 x 17.5cm
- 1st layer – Olive – 22 x 16.5cm
- 2nd layer – White – 21 x 15.5cm
- 3rd Layer – Olive Embossed – 18 x 13cm
- Strip – 3cm wide
- Circle Die Layers (Except the Wrap and Coins)
- Flower Dies.
Stage 2 – stamp the Medallion Wrap onto White Card using the Olive Vine Embossing Powders. Stamp the Sentiment Coins onto white and the small words onto Olive Grove. Use the Circle Dies to cut these out for layering later.
Stage 3 – Using the Embossing Powder, stamp the borders onto the strip of card. Then add the centre part design of your choice.
Stage 4 – Layer up the circle dies and other card layers onto the card blank. Use foam tape where you wish. Glitter the edges where you like!
Stage 5 – Use the extras on the Medallion Wraps to stamp each petal on the plain white flowers. Assemble the flowers and allow the glue to dry a little.
Stage 6 – add the flowers, leaves and pearls to your card!
Here’s what we used with links to the website…..
- Medallion Wraps and Sentiment Coins
- Premium Card Stock
- Premium Embossing Powders
- Triple Layering Stencils
- Double Debossed Circle Dies
- Flower Dies
- Leaf Dies
- Anti Static Bag
We hope you enjoy making this card!