We have received a lot requests for instructions for the Tissue Box, so here it is!
This lovely project uses Phill’s Essential Montage Stamp Collection, Distress Oxides and Sue Wilson Double Pierced Oval Dies.
The Full Project
Stage 1 – cut out all the layers and die cuts needed as below:
- For the Lid
- 16.5cm x 15cm – large oval cut into middle to make aperture
- 11cm x 9.5cm – small oval cut into middle to make aperture (stamped)
- Oval frame to site over aperture (inked)
- x2 pieces 22.5cm x 12.3cm (inked)
- Panels for sides and lid – all stamped
- 9.5 x 9 – x 2 for end panels
- 11cm x 9 – x 2 for front and back panels
- 9.5cm x 2cm – x 2 for lid end panels
- 11cm x 2cm – x2 for lid front and back panels
- x4 small ovals to decorate the sides if desired
Stage 2 – Using the 16.5cm x 15cm, score a line 2.5cm all the way round. to create the lid. Cut into 1 score line at each corner so you can fold this tab in and glue to make the box lid later on.
Stage 3 – Using the x2 22.5cm x 12.3cm pieces for the sides, score lines at 10cm and 21.5cm. This should leave a 1cm tab to enable the box to be glued together later on.
Stage 4 – Colour these x3 pieces of card with 1 or 2 oxide inks. Colour the oval frame and emboss with clear embossing powder. (This strengthens this a little as it’s where you pull the tissues out!)
Stage 5 – Add stamped images to all the panels for the side and lid. (You should have x9 pieces)
TIP – to speed this process duplicate your design on the sides and front panels. Don’t forget when you stamp the lid panel to think about which way the Tissue Box will face!
Stage 6 – Add images or words to the x4 small ovals
Stage 7 – Working with the two side pieces and box lid staying flat on your craft mat, glue the stamped panels in place.
Stage 8 – Glue the box lid together at the sides. Glue the side panels together, working around the Tissue Box.
TIP – you will find it easier to glue one of the tabs to the other side piece on your craft mat and then glue the second tab whilst the sides are wrapped around the Tissue Box.
Stage 9 – Glue the lid to the base and add the x 4 ovals if used. Add glitter to the small ovals if desired.
Here’s what we used with links to the www…..
- Sentimentally Yours
- Sue Wilson Double Pierced Ovals
- Ranger Distress Oxide Inks
- Creative Expressions Smoothies
- Dovecraft Foam Tape