Following on from Phill’s popular last post, here is another card made using Pixie Powders on Acetate. This time we have used Phill’s Lavish Leaves Stamp Collection and Sue Wilson Classic Adorned Hexagon Dies.
All our sample cards have been made by crafters at our workshops. I am sure you agree, they did a brilliant job.
It doesn’t matter what colour Pixie Powders you choose, they’re all gorgeous. We just love this technique! 🙂
This card is a DL Easel card made by cutting an 8×8 card blank in half. All the Pixie Acetate pieces have been made from an A5 piece of Heat Resistant Acetate, meaning you get a lot of card for your products!
We have used the smaller hexagons from this stunning die set to create the focal point and little stopper.
- When you cut out the Pixie Acetate pieces make sure you stick the hexagon pieces right to the bottom of the A5 Acetate sheet. This will ensure you have a good size strip for the bottom layer.
- Don’t use too much glue when sticking down the Pixie Acetate pieces and only glue the edges. It will grab the tissue paper quickly.
Here is what we used on this card with links to the website…
- Cosmic Shimmer Pixie Powders
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA Glue
- Cosmic Shimmer Diamond Frost Glitter
- Dovecraft White Tissue Paper
- Sentimentally Yours Lavish Leaves Corner Sentiments
- Creative Expressions Heat Resistant Acetate
- Sue Wilson Dies – Classic Adorned Hexagons
- Creative Expressions White Foundation Card
- Ranger Distress Oxides
- Cosmic Shimmer Glitter Jewels
Remember, we are more than happy for you to replicate our cards in your own style!