Here is a card made using the beautiful Chocolate Baroque Stamps ‘Mackintosh Beauty’ coloured with Alcohol Pens and a Pixie Powder Background. We have also used Phill’s Sentimentally Yours Butterfly Elegance Icons and Crackled Background Stamp and Sue Wilson Cascading Butterflies Die.
Stage 1 – Cut out all the Die Cut pieces and Card Layers needed for your card.
- 15cm x 15cm – White Card Blank
- Layer 1 – 14.5cm x 14.5cm – Coloured
- Layer 2 – 14cm x 14cm – Pixie Powders
- 4.5cm x 11.5cm – Coloured
- 4cm x 11cm – White
Stage 2 – Stamp your image with Memento Inks. Choose your Alcohol Pens for colouring your image. Try to use darker and lighter shades of the same colour palette to create shading. Cut out the image. Colour your Butterflies using the Alcohol Pens to co-ordinate with your image.
Stage 3 – Use one of the Alcohol Pens to colour the edge of the card layers. If your pens have a chisel tip this will be easier.
Stage 4 – Choose your Pixie Powder colours to co-ordinate with your scheme. On our sample card we have used Purple Violet and White Pearl. Tap the Pixie Powders onto your card layer and spritz with water until they start to run slightly. You can soften the intensity of Pixie Powders if you use kitchen roll to absorb the inks. Allow to dry thoroughly.
Stage 5 – Using Black Memento Ink stamp your images onto the Pixie Powder layer.
Stage 6 – Layer up your card using foam tape where you wish and add glitter.
The Full Card
Here’s what we used with links to our website…
- Sentimentally Yours Butterfly Elegance Icons A6 Stamp
- Sentimentally Yours Crackled Background Rubber Stamp
- Chocolate Baroque Mackintosh Beauty Stamp
- Sue Wilson Cascading Butterflies Die
- Cosmic Shimmer Pixie Powders
- Alcohol Pens
- Glitter Jewels
- Cosmic Shimmer Large Dries Clear PVA Glue
- Creative Expressions Bright White Foundations Card
Other card samples made using Chocolate Baroque Stamps
Remember, we are more than happy for you to replicate our cards in your style!