Here is our latest blog post.
This card was made using Phills DL Christmas Collage stamps, Christmas Verse and Sentiment Duo. Our Crafter’s chose to use either snowflake dies or poinsettia dies on their cards.
Our main sample card uses faded jeans and peacock feathers distress oxide ink colours, but as always we have included samples made with other colour ways.
The Full Card
Stage 1 – cut out all the layers and die cut pieces needed as follows:
- Base Card – 21cm x14.5cm
- Inked Layer – 20.5cm x 14cm
- Stamped Layer – 19cm x 9cm
- Embossed Layer – 19cm x 4cm (two pieces)
- Inked Layer Inside – 14.5cm x 2cm (two pieces)
- Inside Verse Layer – 10cm x 11cm
- Die Cuts
- Snowflakes or Poinsettias/Holly
Stage 2 – ink the background layer with your two chosen colours of distress oxides.
Stage 3 – colour the snowflakes or poinsettia die cuts. We have made our snowflakes shiny by pressing them into perfect medium and covering with clear embossing powder then heat.
Stage 4 – choose a DL Collage stamp and ink up with two distress inks colours. Press very firmly to ensure even coverage or use a stamping platform. Some of our Crafter’s then covered the image with clear embossing powder and heat set.
Stage 5 – ink the stamp again and stamp the two inside strips.
Stage 6 – choose a Christmas Verse stamp and ink with your two colours.
Stage 7 – assemble the layers, lifting the embossed layers with foam tape. add glitter where you wish and either pearls or pearl PVA in the centres.
Other colour samples
Here’s what we used with links to the website…
- Sentimentally Yours Christmas Collage Stamps
- Sentimentally Yours Christmas Verse and Sentiment Duo
- Sue Wilson Dies:
- Classic Poinsettia
- Poinsettia Additions
- Holly Spray
- Bold Holly Leaves
- Ranger Distress Oxides
- Creative Expressions Smoothies
- Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder
- Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear PVA Glue
We hope you enjoy making this card!