Here is our latest blog post. We have received so many requests for instructions to make this beautiful card. It was designed by the lovely Joanne who works in our Sheffield store.
This card uses square card blanks, Phill’s Bohemian Stamps, Sue Wilson Grace Die and Orange Blossom Petals Die and Ditsress Oxides (our favourite ink for versatility) and Opal Polish
The Full Card
Stage 1 – cut out all the layers and due cut shaped need as follows:
- x2 square card blanks 15cm x 15cm
- Layer 1 – 14.5cm x 14.5cm – inside layer stamped
- Layer 2 – 14cm x 14cm – pull out polished
- Layer 3 – 13.5cm x 13.5 cm – pull out stamped
- Layer 4 – 12.5cm x 12.5cm – pull out polished
- Layer 5 -12cm x 12cm – pull out stamped (top image)
- Sue Wilson Grace Die
- Sue Wilson – small orange blossom petals in open and closed
- Piece of rbbon
Stage 2 – cut the front of each base card diagonally from the outside corner to inside corner to create the fold over. Using the off cuts, take off 1/2 cm from both straight edges to create the stamped layer for the fronts.
Stage 2 – use the opal polish to colour all the appropriate layers (2, 4). We have also used the polish on the fold over fronts and on the inside top edge of x1 card blank. Add polish to the solid flowers and edge of the die cut topper.
Stage 3 – use Phill’s Bohemian stamps to decorate the remaining layers as follows:
- Corner Stamp on front off cuts
- Elements on inside layer 1 – this is behind the pull out card on the photo. You only need to stamp halfway down. You could also use the full background stamp for this layer.
- Elements on layer 3 – you only need stamp around the edge of this layer as you see very little. We also stamped off the edges.
- Flourish or Banner stamps on layer 5 – we also used clear embossing powder to make this image stand out more.
- Sentiments on topper – we used clear embossing powder as well
Stage 4 – assemble the layers. We stuck layers 4 and 5 together and then added the ribbon on the back of this before we stuck it down to layer 3 and 4.
REMEMBER THESE LAYERS PULL OUT OF THE CARD
Stage 5 – to glue the folder over down firstly decide which fold will be front and behind panel. Open out both folds and apply a thin layer of glue to the bottom edge only of the behind panel. Close this fold and hold in place so the glue grabs. For the front panel apply a thin layer of glue along the bottom edge again and then make a triangle of glue where it will cross over with the behind panel and stick down.
Stage 6 – stick on the topper and flowers on and add glitter if you wish!
More card samples…
We hope you enjoy making this card as much as we did in our workshops!
Here’s what we used with links to the www….
- Sentimentally Yours
- Sue Wilson
- Cosmic Shimmer Opal Polish
- Ranger Distress Oxides Ink Pads
- Dovecraft Foam Tape
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA Glue